Skin Care Products- How Do You Choose? A Guide From Dr. Asarch
- Posted on: Sep 16 2013
What Should I Use?
With the thousands of skin care products on the market today, how do you know what works and what is right for you? Dr. Asarch has written an entire chapter in his book Turn Back the Years on Your Face, offering you guidance to find the products that work for your skin type.
What to Look for in Cosmetics
Every advertisement or cosmetic sales person seems to offer a different theory on keeping skin young, healthy and beautiful. When you walk into the cosmetic section of a department store, the colorful displays all vie for your attention. But sleek, alluring packaging doesn’t mean that what is inside contains effective ingredients. You need to carefully analyze what you hear from salespeople and from the media. Read the label’s ingredients. If a sales person makes a claim about anti-aging, wrinkle removal, etc, ask what ingredients make this possible.
Since I can’t analyze every product available, I will identify the ingredients proven to have the most benefit on revitalization skin.
Things to Remember:
- “Dermatologist-tested” means the manufacturer sent product samples to at least one dermatologist. It does not ensure controlled studies, or even that the company followed up with doctors doing the “tests.”
- Calling something “anti-aging” may just mean it has sunscreen, since sun damage is the primary cause of aging skin. There are no guidelines for how much sunscreen a product must contain to call itself anti-aging, so “anti-aging” may not mean much.
What Does Work? Scientists have proven that certain agents do help. Don’t be confused by sound-alike ingredients. Look for the following exact ingredients in your skin products. Some may be difficult to locate. Because my patients have had a hard time finding these ingredients, I created DERMASPARX Skin Nutrition products with high concentrations of these scientifically proven agents.
The most effective ingredients for your skin are:
- Retinoids: Retinol
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Matrixyl (peptides)
- Glucosamine HCL
- CoEnzyme Q10
LEARN ABOUT EACH OF THESE INGREDIENTS AND WHAT THEY DO BY CLICKING HERE!
Dr. Asarch has created a line of scientifically-perfected treatments appropriate for your unique skin type and lifestyle. Let our chart help you find the best products for you on our newly re-designed DERMAspaRx site!
FORMULATED TO DR. ASARCH’S UNCOMPROMISING STANDARDS.
- Formulated with the optimum concentrations of ingredients.
- Scientifically proven to get results.
- Produced with maximum skin absorption in mind.
- Products for every skin type.
- Over 30 years experience developing skin products.
Save 10% on all DERMAspaRx products now through September 30th! Contact us at 303-761-7797.
Posted in: Blog Post