What is Sclerotherapy? Who Gets Spider Veins? What is IPL?
- Posted on: Oct 27 2016
What is Sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy is a procedure that is being used widely in the field of cosmetic medicine to minimize varicose veins and spider veins for our patients. It involves a series of injections administered directly onto the affected areas that will eventually cause these unusually prominent veins to fade.
· Sclerotherapy involves the injection of small amounts of saline into the spider veins that usually appear on the patient’s legs
· It generally takes between 3 to 6 treatments, with each treatment scheduled six weeks apart, to achieve the desired results
· Even after treatment, spider veins may reoccur as a result of genetics, or environmental factors like having to sit around all day because of work
· If you’re pregnant, breast-feeding, have had a history of blood clot formation, or have certain heart conditions, sclerotherapy may not be a procedure suitable for you. A consultation with one of the medical providers at the Asarch Center will help you determine if it is.
· Sclerotherapy is not enough to treat larger varicose veins
What are Spider Veins?
Spider Veins in the legs are a common problem, most often affecting women. Small purple of red veins can form anywhere on the leg from the top of the thigh to the ankle. While spider veins do not pose a health threat, many people who have them find them unsightly and often attempt to conceal them with clothing or cosmetics. In the summer months, this can mean avoiding shorts and bathing suits out of embarrassment.
Who gets Spider Veins?
The tendency to develop spider veins is often inherited, especially those on the upper thighs. Pregnancy and prolonged standing or sitting, which increase pressure in the veins of the legs, seem to play a role in developing spider veins. Hormones, especially estrogen, also appear to be involved.
Although no one has discovered one clear cut method to prevent the onset of these veins, some authorities believe that the use of support hose, weight control and exercise may be beneficial.
What is IPL?
IPL, (Intense Pulsed Light) is a procedure that delivers energy to target and destroy vascular and pigmented lesions.
Why get IPL?
As many of us age, we start to notice pigmented blemishes on our skin. Age spots are flat, pigmented spots on the skin and are also called liver spots, senile lentigines, solar lentigines or sun spots. Age spots are the result of an excess production of melanin. You are most likely to develop age spots on the areas of your skin that receive the most sun exposure, including your face, shoulders, forearms and backs of your hands.
What can IPL treat?
· Minimize pigmented lesions associated with acne
· Fade age spots, spider veins, facial vessels and other benign skin blemishes
· Treat rosacea
· Lessen sun damage
$100 GIFT CERTIFICATE For Full Face IPL Series or Full Leg Sclerotherapy Treatment Series
Call now or fill out the form below to schedule your appointment! 303-789-7804
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Offer valid through November 30, 2016.
Posted in: Blog Post