Get Ready for Summer with These Skin Care Solutions at DermaSpa!
- Posted on: May 20 2013
Summer is on it’s way, but there is still time to get ready and take advantage of our May Specials at DermaSpa.
Asarch Dermatology has two separate areas, one for general dermatology and skin cancer surgery (Mohs micrographic surgery), and the other, our DermaSpa, for cosmetic dermatologic procedures (laser procedures, salt peels, and skin consultations). DID YOU KNOW? Dermaspa is open the first Saturday of each month for Spa Services! The weekend just became even more relaxing.
Specials Happening Now!
During the Month of May…
NEW- Exilis ELITE is now available at DermaSpa!
- Purchase a Series of Exilis during the Month of May and Receive 15% off Retin-Aid+: This specialized first aid for prematurely aging skin contains retinol to promote cell turnover, visibly boosting the skin’s glow, smoothness and moisture for a radiant appearance. Improve elasticity and enhance the thickness of the skin which results in a reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.* Suitable for normal to dry skin types.
BTL Aesthetics recently announced the introduction of Exilis ELITE™, its next stage device for reducing wrinkles and treating skin laxity of the face and body. Exilis ELITE has been re- engineered to meet patient demand for better, faster and safer face and body rejuvenation in fewer treatment sessions.
Optimizing the dynamic monopolar radiofrequency (RF) technology of the original Exilis system, the new ELITE platform further hones the delivery of thermal energy for measurable results after only two to three treatments!
- It is UV Season! Make sure you protect yourself. The sun’s rays are most intense between 10 am and 3 pm and the strength of UV radiation varies with the time of year. While it is recommended that sun safety in Colorado should be a year-round concern, UV season for most areas is between March 1 and October 31. This is the time span during which the UV index routinely reaches or exceeds moderate levels and sun safety is essential.
You can confirm the relevant dates for your area by checking the annual UV index record. It is provided in graphic format by the National Weather Service for numerous cities at https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/stratosphere/uv_index/uv_annual.shtml
- Don’t forget your head… We have great new styles of UV Protective Hats at DermaSpa this Spring! A wide brimmed hat with Ultraviolet protection is a great way to protect the top of your head and your face when out in the sun. Styles available from Wallaroo and Sunday Afternoon Hats.
- Get the Look Without the Risk! The World’s #1 Professional Spray On Tan is SunFX Sunless Tan. Imagine being able to have the perfect tan in just 5 minutes … Well now you can do just that with a professional SunFX salon spray tan. Sunless tans are the healthy way to get that rich bronzed tan that we all desire, and we care about your health. SunFX spray tanning solutions are 100% all natural – they don’t contain any chemicals. SunFX is the fastest, healthiest way to get the perfect all over tan.
This Month, Purchase Five Tans and receive a FREE Summers Secret Tan Extender!
- Product of the Month- 15% off DNA Repair Gel from DermaSpaRX
It’s a cycle. Sun damaged skin cells produce more unhealthy components, causing skin to age rapidly. DNA Repair Gel penetrates skin cells to aid in reversing the aging process. This soothing transformative gel contains photosomes, vitamin C and other antioxidants to help skin recover from sun damage, and collagen stimulators to diminish wrinkles. *Suitable for all skin types.
Please use code MAY when you order online for 15% off DNA Repair Gel this month!
This is a great season for many reasons- longer days, warm weather, vacations, grilling, fresh fruits and vegetables- just to name a few. There are many ways to add skin health boosting ingredients into your diet this time of year.
This season’s fresh, antioxidant rich fruits such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries can be eaten by themselves or added to your salad or a refreshing smoothie. Research continues to show that antioxidants, both those you get from food and those you apply topically, protect your skin against free radical damage.
Our bodies produce free radicals during normal metabolism and immune functions. Excessive exposure to Ultraviolet Light and environmental conditions increase the number of free radicals we produce. These free radicals cause oxidative damage to our genetic materials (DNA), proteins, cell membranes and other cellular components, speeding up the aging process. We keep this damage under control by neutralizing free radicals with natural enzymes and antioxidants.
Try this refreshing berry smoothie- good for you, good for your skin- from Dr. Asarch’s book The Beautiful Skin Diet. Now available for your kindle!
by Neal Mendel, Chef de Cuisine
Banana and Berry Smoothie
Calories, 236, Vit A IU 338, Vit C mg 73, Vit E mg 1.6
1 medium banana
4 fresh strawberries
1/8 cup blueberries
1/8 cup blackberries
1/8 cup plain vanilla yogurt
1 cup apple juice
1-1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk or skim milk
1 scoop of protein powder
1 tbsp. aloe vera juice
Blend all ingredients well and pour into a glass to drink. Thin with water if necessary.Garnish with a fresh strawberry. Enjoy!
Posted in: Blog Post