Top Skin Care Trends for Heading into Fall
Whether you have a simple do-it-yourself skin care routine or one that requires a team of professionals, the biggest trend for Fall 2012 is personalized treatment -using products and treatments to counteract skin issues caused by health, habits and environment along with skin damage and skin type.
- Lifestyle Aging- No longer are skin care professionals recommending products based solely on your age or what “should be” happening to your skin. Lifestyle aging is addressing skin care issues by current damage, health habits, environmental exposure and daily activities. A combined treatment of in office procedures and topical products are commonly offered to address your personal skin care needs.
- Instant Results – People are looking for treatments that give accelerated results in less time. Botox, fillers, microdermabrasion, hair removal and Intense Pulse Light lasers continue to round out the top 5 most popular cosmetic procedures. These in office, non-surgical procedures offer quick results and minimal downtime.
- Improved Topical Treatments- Dermatologists are answering their patients’ demand for prescription free topical skin care productsthat offer professional results. Complete regimens often contain products made with salicylic acid or AHA (alpha-hydroxy acid) to help exfoliate and remove unwanted cells, compounds containing tretinoin, peptides and anti-oxidants to improve collagen synthesis and sunblocks containing zinc oxide or titanium dioxide for broad spectrum protection.
- Skin Nutrition from Food– Nutrition plays an important part in the health and appearance of our skin. Protein, Carbohydrates, Fats, Vitamins, Phytochemicals and Minerals are all important in your daily intake. Of major importance are vitamins A, C and E, and the appropriate ratio of omega-3 fatty acids to omega-6 fatty acids. In a typical American diet, we get significantly more omega-6 than omega-3 (as much as 20:1) and improved skin health relies on a closer ratio (closer to 4:1).
- Sun Damage Repair- If you have visible sun damage in the form of age spots, skin sagging, lines and wrinkles, there are some new treatment options available. Most notably is the addition of DNA Repair technologies. These topical solutions contain ingredients that deeply penetrate the skin to repair UV-induced DNA damage, literally reversing the aging process. The unsightly flat brown spots that occur frequently in sun-exposed areas can also be removed in 2 to 4 sessions using Intense Pulse Light treatments and skin tone can be dramatically improved with the non-surgical Ultherapy, which works deep in the skin without damaging the surface.
Save 15% off DERMAspaRx DNA Repair Gel through Aug. 31, 2012 by entering code AUGUST on-line HERE.
- Medical Spas-These days, the spa is not just for relaxation and pampering. At a medical spa both esthetic and medical staff are present and cosmetic and medical treatments are offered within the center. Patients are cared for before, during and after procedures. Though still offering a soothing environment and luxuriant treatments, a medical spa focuses on total skin health and wellness.
- Serious Acne Solutions- Acne is the most common skin disorder in the world, effecting both men & women of all amp; ages, and it can often have a deep emotional & psychological effect on people. When topical medications are not enough to clear up your acne, Acleara is the next step in treatment. Using broad band light and suction, Acleara is virtually painless and can take as little as 10 minutes with immediate results.
- Excessive Sweating Treatment-Hyperhidrosis- a medical condition in which a person sweats excessively and unpredictably- is the result of overactive sweat glands regardless of the season. If anti-perspirants are not working for you or your sweating has become debilitating, you may be a good candidate for LAAP, Laser Ablation of Axillary Perspiration. LAAP is a minimally invasive laser treatment which results in a 75% or greater reduction in sweating in one treatment replacing the need for bi-yearly botox injections. Dr. Asarch is the first to offer this procedure in Colorado.